I want to export my car?

What happens to the registration number if you export your car?
By law you must tell us if you are taking your car abroad for more than 12 months.
If you want to transfer or retain the registration number you must do so before the car leaves the UK. You cannot apply once the car is out of the country.
You should get advice from Customer Enquiries, well before the date the car is being exported.
Please phone DVLA on 0300 790 6802. Lines are open between 8am and 7pm Monday to Friday, and between 8am and 2pm on Saturdays.
Posted in:
Articles by:

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.